PLEASE NOTE WE WILL BE INCLUDING A LINK HERE TO OUR RECEIPTS AND CURRENT VET/SERVICES DEBTS COMING SOON AS WELL AS DOCUMENTING OUR INCOMING DONATIONS VS TOTAL EXPENSES. WE ARE ALSO PENDING REVIEW TO BE ON 'CHARITY NAVIGATOR' FOR TRANSPARENCY PURPOSES.
Every Day Expenses:
- 3 String Alfalfa Bale: $35 a bale , Depending on time of year we will go through 3 bales a day.
- Timothy is now $49.95 and weve been trying to use as little as possible but we go through half bale a day.
- 25lb Bag Senior Pellets: $40.94, About 3 Bags per week. $123
- Farrier: $850 every 6 weeks, can be more if someone needs to be shod for medical reasons otherwise we barefoot trim.
- Wormer & Testing: $15-$23 for wormer tube, varies by type of parasite, weight of horse and parasitic load. $25 for Herd testing every 3 months.
- PEMF Therapy: $70 Large Horses, $40 Ponies. This is a luxury spend we only do as a treat when the budget allows or when an horse is injured.
- Pine Shavings for Stall $7 per Bag, average stall takes 9 bags per week at $63 per week.
- Crucial Monthly Medications and Supplements for existing rescues: $1,000 per month. Many of our rescues are severely arthritic or Cushings positive and require very expensive medications.
- Teeth Floating: Annually as needed $250+ per horse
- Ranch Hand: Current employee is 3.5K per month, Monday-Friday horse care.
- Food, Treats, Medical, Flea/Tick, Heartworm for 4 kittens and 2 Sanctuary cats, Tate & Rip Monthly.
AVERAGE IMMEDIATE COST TO RESCUE ONE HORSE: $1,555 - $5,000+
- SLAUGHTER AUCTION PRICE: Varies $25 - $3,000.
This price depends on horses condition, prognosis, coloring, papers or any training they can capitalize on to upcharge.
(*Kill Pens will try to 'up-charge' for nice, well trained, good condition horses or horses with papers..for these we come in within 24hrs of their slaughter transport to see if they will take a lower price that is still higher than the slaughter houses.)
- Quarantine: $35 per day, minimum 14 days. $490
- Farrier: $50- $100 For a barefoot trim, depending on size of horse. $200+ if need to be shod.
- Wormer: $15-$23 Depending on horses weight, parasite type and load.
- Fecal Test: $25
- General Exam, without issues found: $250+
For perspective...Routine Colic care is $500 or in a worst case scenario emergency...like Freyja's Elbow Fracture, her Surgery and care was $15,000
- Transport: $700
ITEMS WE ARE BUDGETING FOR:
- Climate Controlled Dog Kennels
- Paddock Gravel off Medical Stalls $1,800
- Rescue Manager/Ranch Hand currently $20 an hour.